We strive to make Ohio a place where all animals are protected from cruelty, abuse, and neglect.
To help Ohio families and their pets, OAA's Resource Directory puts local resources at your fingertips.
We lead and collaborate with teams across Ohio to champion humane policy and coexistence with animals deserving of respect and protection.
An animal compassionate one. We welcome Ohioans looking to turn their compassion into action.
Making a Difference
To support struggling families and their pets, we provide valuable resources such as a list of programs designed for seniors and low-income families.
We advocate for at-risk family members and safety planning for their pet(s) because we recognize a link between animal abuse and family violence.
An opportunity exists for a new approach to learning how we can coexist with wildlife and advocate for protective policies at the state and local level.
We provide resources and build partnerships to expand opportunities to humanely care for community cats while reducing populations and nuisances.
We educate communities and local officials on the inhumane suffering and public safety concerns by tethering dogs outside.
The opportunity to build compassion for community, family and animals exists through humane education opportunities.
- 01/20/2022Today is National Penguin Day! With half the population of emperor penguins expected to disappear by the end of the century, we hope you will take the rest of today to educate yourself and others on the impact of climate change on animal populations. Here are some resources to get you started: Donate Here
- 1/18/2022The 2022 Ohio Wildlife Management Association Conference is being held 1/21/22 at the Nationwide & Ohio Farm Bureau 4-H Center at The Ohio State University. Ohio Division of Wildlife Chief Kendra Wecker will provide opening remarks, and Professor Popescu from Ohio University will be presenting on the population viability of Ohio’s recovering bobcats. Registration is open and can be accessed …
- 1/12/2022Research published in the Journal of Patient Experience confirms the need for pet assistance for hospitalized patients. Among patients surveyed more than 63% reported difficulty in arranging for pet care, and that a third reported pet care impacted their decision whether to stay in the hospital. In fact, 16% reported knowing of patients that left the hospital against medical advice …
- 1/10/2022The December 2021 Community Veterinary Outreach newsletter highlights key research that shows pets of the homeless are well cared for. The peer-reviewed article in Preventive Veterinary Medicine has shown pets owned by the vulnerably-housed are at least as healthy as those in the general population and closer to ideal weight than dogs in private practice, where obesity is a common problem.
- 01/08/2022Betty White spent a lifetime working as an actress to support her charitable work for animals. Join the #BettyWhiteChallenge to honor Betty White by making a $5 memorial donation to Ohio Animal Advocates in her name as we near what would have been her 100th birthday.
- 01/07/2022This year, Petsmart Charities created the Preserving Families program – a new funding initiative that supports programs that keep people and pets together through times of crisis, such as domestic violence, homelessness, and hospice situations.