We strive to make Ohio a place where all animals are protected from cruelty, abuse, and neglect.
We lead and collaborate with teams across Ohio to champion humane policy and coexistence with animals deserving of respect and protection.
An animal compassionate one. We welcome Ohioans looking to turn their compassion into action.
Making a Difference
Fundamental change can be accomplished only through the collaborative efforts of diverse groups who come together to work on innovative solutions.
Systemic change happens when communities learn to enhance the human-animal bond, improve safety, and increase their compassion for animals.
OAA Resource Directory
When resources are critical to action and advocacy, it is important to have a source for statewide connections that help Ohio and Ohio animals.
To support struggling families and their pets, we provide valuable resources such as a list of programs designed for seniors and low-income families.
We advocate for at-risk family members and safety planning for their pet(s) because we recognize a link between animal abuse and family violence.
An opportunity exists for a new approach to learning how we can coexist with wildlife and advocate for protective policies at the state and local level.
- 05/07/2021The May/June 2021 issue of Kind News, Jr. (grades K-2), Kind News (grades 3-6) is here! This issue focuses on the theme of social awareness.- the ability to take the perspective of and empathize with others, including those from diverse backgrounds, cultures, and contexts. For this Kind News edition and the corresponding parent and teacher guides, visit https://kindnews.redrover.org.
- 05/07/2021If you are a current teacher who hopes to help your students become animal advocates, check out Kind News magazine for 50% off a one-year classroom subscription. Kind News magazine helps to educate children on how to treat animals with compassion and respect through engaging articles and activities. More information can be found on our socials or at https://kindnews.redrover.org.
- 05/04/2021OAA would like to thank the Humane Education Coalition for the approval of a 2021 Bloom grant for a collaborative humane education project with Johnnycake Corners Elementary School and the Humane Society of Delaware County (HSDC). The Johnnycake Corners Kind Kids Program service-learning project will provide for interaction in small group settings and contribution to the community at a time …
- 04/29/2021OAA is proud to publish a new Assessment Report: Covid-19, Domestic Violence & Animal Abuse in Ohio prepared by our very talented Dr. Alana Van Gundy, member of our Board of Directors. This report includes an assessment of domestic violence protection during the pandemic. Covid-19 has presented abusers with more opportunities to control and harm survivors while limiting the survivor’s …
- 04/22/2021Earth Day 2021 finds that in the U.S. approximately 100,000 predators, including bobcats, are killed by trophy hunters every year- removing species that are vital to maintaining biodiversity. In addition to the suffering and death inflicted on these animals, the fate of imperiled wildlife foretells some of the risks that threaten all of us who inhabit this planet. Humans and …
- 04/19/2021April 19-24 is National Crime Victims’ Rights Week. OAA’s efforts to support domestic violence victims and their companion animals led to the passage of Ohio House Bill 33. H.B. 33, which mandates social workers, counselors, and veterinarians report animal abuse, went into effect 4/12/21. In addition, Ohio’s Pet Protective Order law, which was passed in 2014, has finally been fully …